5/15/11, Sandusky Ohio
I am not sure but I think there have only been 2 days during the whole month of April that it did not rain! The weather averages have been blown away…both for excessive rain levels and much colder than normal – GREAT.
We have been working away in spite of mother nature, and here is a summary list of what we have done so far:
– Thorough cleaning of the interior
– Stripped 1/2 of the teak cap rails for refinishing
– Painted the bottom with anti-fouling paint
– Sanded and painted a new boot stripe
– Removed old cove stripe and put a new one on
– Cleaned and waxed the hull (4 coats of wax)
– Re-bedded 2 of the port chain plates (fixing leaks)
– Painted interior port lockers
– Repaired minor gel coat damage on the keel
– Repaired keel heel where the heel strap attaches
– Painted the radar pole
– Reinforced the bottom of the propane locker by adding a layer of fiberglass
We racked up over 110 hours of labor on these projects and paid to have the fiberglass work done by the boatyard. We are completely exhausted and extremely sore, but the boat is looking good, and we are ready to launch.